Who We Are:
At Encircle, we’re leading the $2 trillion property and casualty insurance industry out of the dark ages of pen and paper processes with solutions our customers actually love. Our easy-to-use software platform enables thousands of restoration contractors and insurance professionals around the world to process claims faster. We’re a remote-first company with our head office located in the heart of downtown Kitchener and our 60+ person startup has huge goals as we scale!
We are looking for an engaged user experience professional looking to design compelling experiences.
- Passion – We want to see your passion for users, design and working collaboratively with an agile and cross-functional team.
- Portfolio – You don’t need to have launched products that have changed the world. But, you will need to show us products you’ve designed and have a conversation about the problems you were solving for.
- Perspective – We want to hear what you have to say. We are looking for designers who have opinions about their work based on data and research. You’ll need to be able to talk through your designs in front of others – including senior leadership.
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with the CEO and other strategic team members.
- Working lean and iteratively with other designers, product managers and developers to craft and create experiences that solve real user needs.
- Sharing early and often in a transparent way that keeps stakeholders and teams involved. We believe the best UX is a team effort.
- Speaking with other areas of the business to help inform your design decisions.
- Be looking to grow and share your skills as a designer through user, customer and team design and feedback discussions
- Always be focused on the details: sketching concepts, tweaking user flows, or polishing designs.
- Work with the design team to help grow the product design practice and the Encircle design system.
What you will bring to the role:
- Have a human-centred design mindset with 3+ years of experience designing mobile and web apps.
- Solid understanding of Interaction design principles on both web and mobile experiences.
- Experience creating wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity designs using top tools like Sketch and XD.
- Experience with user testing, user research, and feedback sessions.
- Comfortable working in a flexible and adaptive environment.
- Analytical thinker who is both comfortable talking design with designers and data models with developers.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player who can work independently too.
Is this the role for you? Here’s what we need from you:
- Resume & Cover Letter: Submit your resume and cover letter describing your unique fit for this role. We’ve learned that the strongest candidates have invested in these two documents.
- Portfolio: Include a portfolio of design work that showcases your UX and product design skill sets (website(s), pdf, Keynote/Powerpoint/Slideshare, etc.)
- Professional Online Presence: Include links to your online design persona (Medium, Instagram, Twitter, Behance/Dribbble, etc.)
Encircle is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided by Encircle throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.