VP, Corporate Strategy
We’re Encircle, nice to meet you! We’re leading the $2 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry out of the dark ages of pen and paper processes, into the digital age of transparency and empowerment. Our easy-to-use mobile and web software enables thousands of restoration contractors and insurance professionals to create efficiency, optimize resources, and maximize productivity. We’ve got some huge goals and are looking to add new members to our all-star team to help get us there!
The VP Corporate Strategy is an influential and collaborative leader focused on driving the execution of the overall vision for Encircle. It takes true partnership to bring the strategy and vision to life in all areas of the organization, from the leadership team to the important people who respond to customer inquiries and everywhere in between.
The focus of this role is not just on the high-level direction of the Company, but also on creating a shared understanding of it across the business; enabling each group to produce their unique and focused execution plans; and driving accountability. This role uniquely focuses on the bigger picture, and the strategic planning to make it happen!
- This role will have direct responsibility for the product management and design team and will work in concert with all other functional groups to drive alignment to the corporate strategy.
- Using competitive intelligence, develops a strategy that considers our position and potential in the market.
- Looks internally to the existing and future resources and factors that will impact the execution of the strategy
- Building the 5-year vision in collaboration with the CEO
- Breaking down the strategy into departmental components
- Using a high degree of influence and credibility, educates each operational unit, oversees the building of their roll up plans in support of the vision, and ensuring that each group stays the course
- Ensures alignment and collaboration cross-functionally
- Partnering with the CFO and CEO to determine feasibility of investments and their ROI including on capital investments relevant to the company
- Drives pre and post meeting work involved for all planning sessions
- Designs, facilitates and supports the COO and CFO to drive the strategic planning process in line with the CEO’s goals
- Identifies potential gaps in the execution of the plan (resources, time, talent) and ensures realignment to the strategy
- Focus on intellectual property, security and risk management
- Reduces risk and liability for Encircle
- Analyzes the market potential, and competitor positioning and creates expectations for the future including markers of success to drive accountability
- Works with HR and the leadership team to identify skill/capability gaps and build plans for resourcing and organizational design to match scaling plans
- As a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, is able to ask tough questions and challenge with the goal of alignment and moving ahead cohesively
- Ability to work in close partnership with the CEO as a unified team
- Ability to fit in to fill gaps in the short-term where skill sets or knowledge may be lacking to execute the plan
- Versatile and adaptable to the strategic and tactical needs of the organization
- With a holistic view of the strategy, has the ability to break down barriers and bring alignment
- Strong decision making skills focused on speed and execution
- High level of competitive intelligence - knowing who we need to partner with and when
- Ability to adapt to an evolving plan while still maintaining focus on the execution
- Is an evangelist of Encircle in the market, and internally with the ability to tell the story of our past and future and drive commitment and excitement
- Strong business and financial acumen
This role reports to the CEO
Encircle is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided by Encircle throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.