Who We Are:
At Encircle, we’re leading the $2 trillion property and casualty insurance industry out of the dark ages of pen and paper processes with solutions our customers actually love. Our easy-to-use software platform enables thousands of restoration contractors and insurance professionals around the world to process claims faster. We’re a remote-first company with our head office located in the heart of downtown Kitchener and our 60+ person startup has huge goals as we scale!
We are looking for an engaged user experience professional looking to design compelling experiences.
- Passion – We want to see your passion for customers, design and working collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
- Portfolio – You don’t need to have launched products that have changed the world. But, you will need to show us products you’ve designed and have a conversation about the problems you were solving for.
- Perspective – We want to hear what you have to say. We are looking for designers who have opinions about their work. You’ll need to be able to talk through your designs in front of others – including senior leadership.
What you will be doing:
- Working lean and iteratively with other designers, product managers, developers and stakeholders to craft and create experiences that solve immediate needs.
- Share early and often keeping stakeholders and teams involved and current to what you’re designing. We believe the best UX is a team effort.
- Connect with other areas of the business, subject matter experts and real customers to help inform your design decisions.
- Be focused on the details: gathering data, sketching concepts, tweaking user flows, enhancing areas and polishing designs.
- Contribute and work with the design team to help grow our overall UX strategy, design practice, visibility and process.
What you will bring:
- Have a human-centred design mindset with 2+ years of product design experience.
- A solid understanding of interaction design principles on both web and mobile experiences.
- Experience creating wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity designs using tools like Figma, XD & Sketch.
- Experience with user testing, user research, and design validation.
- Comfortable working in a flexible, adaptive and quick-changing environment.
- Analytical thinker who is both comfortable talking design with designers and data models with developers.
- Effective written, verbal and collaborative skills.
If this role seems like a fit, here’s what we need:
- Resume & Cover Letter: Submit your resume and cover letter describing your unique fit for this role. We’ve learned that the strongest candidates have invested in these two documents.
- Portfolio: Include a portfolio of design work that showcases your UX and product design chops. (website(s), pdf, Keynote/Powerpoint/Slideshare, etc.)
Encircle is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided by Encircle throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.